UC Berkeley's Corporate Education Advisory Board series brings professionals together to share ideas and best practices. The Advisory Board convenes quarterly through in-person meetings or webinars.
The in-person meetings—hosted at firms around the San Francisco Bay Area—present an excellent opportunity for senior leaders to meet and share insights about trends and innovative solutions. Each event features a moderated panel discussion with leaders from a range of industries.
There is no cost to participate, but attendance is by invitation only. Contact Robert David for more information.
HR/LAB - 6-21-18 @ Sephora
Topic: 'Valuing Inclusion, Belonging & Engagement'
Moderator - Corrie Conrad, VP Social Impact, Sustainability, Diversity & Inclusion @Sephora
- Jennifer Betti, Head of Employee Experience @ HERE Technology
- Mark Lipscomb, VP People @ 23andMe
- Maria Wayne, Head of Global Diversity @ Seagate
- Jolen Anderson, SVP, HR and Chief Diversity Officer @ Visa
- Adelmise Warner, Chief Counsel – Employment, Compensation and Benefits @ Pandora
HR/LAB 2-20-18 @ Intuitive Surgical
Topic: "The overall talent management landscape -- integrating performance, engagement, and development."
Moderator - Stacey Porter, Director, Global Talent Development @ Intuitive Surgical
- Shveta Miglani - Sr Director, Talent Development and Performance Management @ Axciom
- Heather Hoerdermann - VP Talent and Leadership Development @ Synopsys
- Amy Hayes - Global Head of L&D @ Facebook
- AJ Thomas - VP of People @ Auction.com
HR/LAB 10-17-17 @ EllieMae
Topic: "Transforming Performance Management"
Moderator - Rick Jensen, SVP Chief Talent Officer - Intuit
- Levent Arabaci, EVP HR @ Hitachi
- Susan Page, Global Head of L&D @ Jazz Pharma
- Jonathan Levy, Director of Training and Organizational Development @ Autodesk
- Rachel Kleban, Performance Management Lead @ Airbnb
- Gita Asuti, Director/ Sr. HRBP @ EllieMae
HR/LAB 6-20-17 @ UC Berkeley
HR/LAB: January 17, 2017, at UC Berkeley
Topic: HR & L&D Internal Communication Strategies
Moderator: Jennifer Chizuk, Manager, Staff Learning and Development @ UC Berkeley
- Chris Henry, Corporate VP of Talent and Change Management @ Sutter Health
- Linda Moss, VP Global Enablement @ Palo Alto Networks
- Lesley Hoare, VP Global Talent Development @ VMware
- Marguerite Kunze, VP Talent Management & Org Dev; HRBP Product & Strategy @ Plantronics
- Corinna Snyder, Director, Learning and Development at PwC
April 19, 2016, at ADP
Topic: Building a Productive Learning Culture
Moderator: Carrie Beckstrom, VP Learning & Performance @ ADP
- Scott Morgan, Dir. L&D @ LinkedIn
- Matt Morgan, VP People Practices @ Pandora
- Kate Mason, Director, People Readiness @ Federal Reserve Bank of SF
October 20, 2015, at UC Berkeley Extension's San Francisco Campus
Topic: Learn about the latest research from UC Berkeley faculty and lecturers in HR and L&OD
Moderator: Robert David, UC Berkeley Extension
Below, find a video segment from Greater Good Science Center science director Emiliana Simon-Thomas, who talks about the science behind "sustained happiness."
June 24, 2015, at Kaiser Permanente (Oakland)
Topic: HR+L&D Analytics and Continuous Learning
Moderator: Bob Sachs, VP National Learning & Development, Kaiser Permanente
- Blaine Ames, AAA, Workforce Planning & Analytics director
- Craig Ramsay, Symantec, Organizational Insights & People Analytics director
- Cherie Woodbury, Robert Half International, VP Enterprise Learning & Staff Development
Feb. 24 2015, at Charles Schwab (San Francisco)
Topic: Discussing the McKinsey & Company article "Decoding Leadership: What Really Matters," which indentifies the four top behavior traits found with high-quality leadership teams:
- Operating toward strong results
- Ability to see different perspectives
- Effectively solves problem
Moderator: Dawn Kimball, Charles Schwab VP Education & Learning
- Antonia Galindo, Pandora VP Learning & Development
- Keami Lewis, Facebook Leadership Development Partner
- Lisa Zuegel, Agilent Technologies Leadership Development Program Manager
Nov. 18, 2014, at LinkedIn (Sunnyvale, Calif.)
- Developing leaders in a distributed workplace.
- Ramping up productivity in new and early-career employees.
- Assessing an organization's future readiness and agility.
- Doing business globally and the impact on HR and L&D.
- Being inclusive and the impact we have on the communities in which we operate.
Moderator: Pat Wadors, LinkedIn VP of Global Talent Organization
- Deary Duffie, Genentech Senior Director of Learning and Organization Development
- Dianne Mills, Walmart Global e-Commerce SVP of Human Resources
- Lisa Paul, Oclaro EVP of Human Resources
- Kelly Porter, Commune Hotels VP of Learning and Employee Brand
- Jennifer Saavedra, Visa VP of Learning and Development
Aug. 12, 2014, at Trulia (San Francisco)
- Positioning HR as a business partner and staying relevant.
- Scaling HR and L&D during rapid growth and collecting feedback.
- Leveraging social media in HR and L&D programs.
- Bridging the gap between hiring and onboarding.
- Building learning into the organization.
Moderator: Elizabeth Brown, Trulia VP of HR
- Corey Barker, Medallia Director of Growth and Development
- Emily Couey, Eventbrite Head of People
- Greg Pryor, Workday VP of Leadership and Organization Effectiveness
- Beth Steinberg, BrightRoll SVP of People