At UC Berkeley, we are pioneering the next evolution in leadership training and corporate education.
Berkeley Institute for Leadership Development programs are high-touch, long-term initiatives focused on leadership teams achieving critical goals. UC Berkeley faculty and facilitators work hand-in-hand with your team to determine, meet, and exceed specific KPIs. BILD integrates learning with doing, and doing with systemic change.
What's makes the BILD approach unique?
- We engage your leadership team quickly – bringing the power of a powerful and proven online learning platform as needed.
- Our faculty and facilitators work shoulder-to-shoulder with your team.
- We address systemic obstacles as an integral part of the training.
- We engage all of your leaders in the design and delivery of the program.
- We focus solely on the education of your leaders.
Our customized leadership programs build on a module-based design allowing you to focus on just the competencies your organization needs so that you have control over the total length of the engagement. We build these modules around a common set of core tools, such as an in-bound participant survey, enterprise breakouts, "Leader of the Future" matrix, and action plans.
This structure allows you to run multiple cohorts of participants. Each module and cohort can run independently. You can mix and match the modules as you see fit. Because each employee's time to devote to active learning must be considered in light of other responsibilities, our format allows for natural, intermediate completion points that can be aligned with particular busy times, off-sites or other important planning milestones.
Core Module Examples
- Individual, Team and Organization Current State Assessment
- Best practices and tools
- Real-life projects and simulations
- Leaders of the Future Matrix
- Organizational Enablers and Inhibitors
- Individual and team action plans